Hot Springs Business Acquisition Lawyers
Business law attorneys provide strategic guidance during the deal process
If your company is looking to buy or merge with another business, the way you handle the negotiation and sales process could have a substantial effect on the future of your operation. As Arkansas’s second oldest law firm, Schnipper, Britton & Stobaugh offers skillful representation and practical guidance for businesses of all sizes seeking to complete a merger or acquisition. Whether you’re just starting to consider if a transaction is in your best interests or you’re eager to close your purchase, our Hot Springs firm will give you the legal support you need during this critical time.
How a business acquisition attorney can help
As Arkansas’ second oldest law firm, we can point to numerous successful businesses we’ve shepherded through all facets of mergers and acquisitions, including:
- Preparing initial approaches and offer letters
- Drafting and revision of purchase and merger agreements
- Researching company operations and legal matters
- Securing financing required to finalize the deal
- Obtaining necessary permits, licenses and regulatory approvals
- Managing transition tasks including employee issues
Our commitment to attentive service leads us to deliver prompt, honest counsel which has earned us a reputation for integrity. Whatever particular assistance you need with your business acquisition, you can trust us to address your concerns with the highest degrees of proficiency and professionalism.
Reasons to hire a business acquisition lawyer
Conducting a business acquisition can be an intense progress. Some negotiations are fast-paced while others involve long waiting periods. Regardless of the specific nature of your transaction, there are numerous reasons why it is critical to have a knowledgeable attorney on your side, such as:
- Contract drafting and review — Our firm drafts thorough contracts so that our clients’ interests are protected and each party has a clear understanding of their rights and obligations. Likewise, we provide a detailed review and analysis of agreements prepared by others.
- Negotiation and litigation experience — Drawing on our extensive background representing businesses in negotiations and litigation dating back to 1875, we deliver clearheaded guidance on offers, counteroffers and disputes that arise. Regardless of the specific issues, we focus on securing a result that puts you in the best position to achieve long-term success.
- Due diligence — Each step you take in a deal requires an investment of time and effort. Performing effective due diligence helps you avoid wasting resources unnecessarily. Our seasoned attorneys conduct thorough reviews so that potential problems can be identified before it is too late to turn back.
- Protection against liability — Sometimes even the most promising deals fall apart. When this occurs, the other party to the potential acquisition might raise a claim of fraud or other unlawful activity during the acquisition process. At every stage of the transaction, we guard against statements and actions that might be used against you later if problems arise.
Your business acquisition represents a considerable capital outlay. You can safeguard that investment by getting dependable advice from our knowledgeable attorneys.
Contact an insightful Arkansas business acquisition attorney for a consultation
Schnipper, Britton & Stobaugh advises small and large Arkansas companies on business acquisition issues. For an appointment with an experienced lawyer at our Hot Springs office, please call 501-762-0887 or contact us online.