Established Hot Springs Law Firm Addresses Your Legal Needs
Reliable and candid legal advice since 1875
James Bussey Wood and George Washington Murphy originally established the law firm of Schnipper, Britton & Stobaugh in Hot Springs, Arkansas in 1875, and our firm has been in continuous practice ever since. The firm and its succeeding members have continuously enjoyed a reputation for practicing law at the highest level consistent with the Rules of Professional Conduct. The firm has produced three judges, the last of whom was the late Chancery/Probate Judge James W. Chesnutt.
Hot Springs, AR law firm practice areas
In a small city of about 37,000 residents, you would expect to get friendly service at the local law office, and that’s what you’ll find at Schnipper, Britton & Stobaugh. Our office staff and attorneys provide a relaxed atmosphere for clients to discuss the immediate and far-ranging issues affecting their businesses and their personal lives. Matters we routinely address include:
- Business law — Hot Springs is nationally recognized for its pro-business climate. We help clients start and relocate businesses here with advice on formation and acquisition, and we provide business litigation services whenever necessary.
- Civil litigation — We help clients assert their rights in court on a variety of matters including property damage and personal injury claims.
- Commercial litigation — Our attorneys represent businesses and consumers in disputes of commercial exchanges and Uniform Commercial Code violations.
- Commercial and residential real estate — Our real estate attorneys represent various stakeholders, including commercial and residential developers, commercial landlords and tenants, borrowers and lenders, homeowners, homeowners’ associations and condo boards, and residential tenants in all types of transactions and disputes.
- Criminal defense — We provide defense representation for a range of cases, from traffic offenses and DWI to misdemeanors and felony charges.
- Estate planning — Our knowledgeable attorneys provide a full range of services, including wills and trusts, asset protection for retirement, probate, and probate litigation.
- Family law — When a legal issue affects your family, you can rely on our concerned attorneys for help with divorce, child custody, alimony and child support matters, adoption, and post-divorce modifications.
We are sincere in our desire to get to know you so that we can better serve you. But we’re not so determined to become friends that we’ll sugar-coat our assessment of your situation. When you consult Schnipper, Britton & Stobaugh, you get frank, honest, dependable advice based on our vast experience negotiating solutions and trying cases through to verdicts in front of judges and juries.
Contact our Hot Springs attorneys for professional assistance on a variety of issues
Schnipper, Britton & Stobaugh has stood the test of time, because we’ve stood for excellence in the practice of law. To schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys, call our Hot Springs office at 501-762-0887 or contact our office online. We are located at 123 Market Street, just off Central Avenue.